Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal_server_licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aferlisi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2005
US
I have setup a 2003 server as a terminal server. I configured it for User CALs not device CALs. However when I go to terminal server management it tells me that it has issued 24 temporary device CALs and it says that the 25 user CAls have not been issued and are not applicable. When I checked terminal server config it is configured for per user not per devic. Also, there is a 2000 terminal server as well in our domain. Did i configure something wrong? Please advise...

the 2003 server is the only license server correct? MS does not account for TS per user licenses only TS per device licenses so you wont see licenses consumed if its running in per user mode. not sure if it should be issue temp licenses either though. i know it will issue a temp license the first time the user logs on then issue a permanent license on the next successful login. the temp license should disapear after the 2nd login.

RoadKi11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back