Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal/VI E558 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJZeak

Programmer
May 3, 2008
CA
I am attempting to get WYSE60 running under UBUNTU 10.4 ... I have the latest version of WY60 loaded in UBUNTU ... I have a TinyTerm Wyse60 emulation session connected ... added my standard .exrc file to my root login ~ folder ... but when I enter vi I get an E558 TERMINAL ENTRY NOT FOUND in TERMINFO error. The curious thing is that entering VI from terminal appears to work within Ubuntu although it echo's "XTERM" when I ask what term is set.

Any Idea's on how to fix this TERMINFO issue?

This had me going on a wild goose chase ... and I still haven't been able to find an online solution ... the bottom line is UBUNTU doesn't appear to provide a terminfo file for wyse60 ... I found some source files on a unix forum but these refused to compile with tic <filename>

Basically the E558 error occurs when starting vi because I have set TERM=wyse60 and there is no wyse60 compiled file in the /usr/share/terminfo/w folder.

What I finally did is start looking on other UNIX machines that I have acces to and found both a wyse source and compiled wyse60 file ... I tried the compiled file and it worked so haven't bothered with the source file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back