Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Servies service hang up - status starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

grofaty

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
SI
Hi,

On Windows 2000 Server Service pack 2 I have problems with Terminal Server.

When I try to start "Terminal Services" service it just don't start. In Services window Status is Starting.
Terminal Services service has hang up.

Do you have any idea why? What should I check to see if Terminal Services are configured correctly?

Grofaty

Make sure the service is set to start automatically, otherwise it will hang.

Hi,

I made the service Automatic and reboot computer. The problem is the same as above.

Any tip?

Thanks,
Grofaty

Is the terminal services for admin purposes? if so, have you tried to remove and reinstall the service?

Hi,

Yes I would like to have Terminal Services for admin purposes. I would just like to add some users or share some directoryes. So simple admin tasks.

I haven't reinstalled Terminal Service, because this is production computer and I mustn't reboot. I is needed to be up for 24/7.

No, Terminal Service is not started. After reboot the service is just in "starting" status.

Thanks
Grofaty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back