Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminal services

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy2151

MIS
Oct 22, 2002
SG
I created a user called abc and added him into the local users groups. I need this user to be abled to logon to my server using terminal services. But i am getting the following error message "You do not have access to logon to this session". Can one can help?

Thanks

It sounds like the user doesn't have permissions on the RDP connection. Go into Administrative Tools, Terminal Services Configuration. Click on Connections, then right click RDP-Tcp, then Properties. Click on Permissions Tab, make sure your user has Access.

There are also a couple other things you can check if that isn't it. In AD Users and Computers, you can go into the properties of the user, go to Terminal Services Profile Tab, and make sure the "Allow Logon to Terminal Server" is checked. Also, the User will need to be able to Log on Locally, this is set in Group Policy.

Hope this helps!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back