Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services with RDPClip and Driveshare Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaah

Programmer
Feb 25, 2001
AU
Greetings all,, any help would be appreciated,

I am running Terminal Services under Win2k and have applied the RDPClip (to allow cut/copy-paste of files between local machine and TS Client session) and Driveshare (to allow local client drives to be mapped in TS Session) patches. Unfortunately somewhere through the process of my applying them, somthing has happened to the client access. Before i applied these patches I was able to configure the client to run in program mode where if they started a TS session OnE program would start automatically, when this program was closed the whole session would logoff. This was great (the program was just excel by the way). This does not work correctly anymore. After applying the RDPClip and driveshare patches, you can close the program but the TS session remains active. You then have a completely empty TS desktop with no way to restart the program, logoff or do anything else at all. If you close the TS window you get a message saying that the session is being disconnected and will be preserved for you to access later. This is true and is also unfortunate because when you log in again (yes, you get the win2k UID|PWD prompt) you're stuck in the same screen with no options. Basically there's no way to logoff, you can only disconnect.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I acknowledge the fact that perhaps I have made a mistake somewhere but to be honest I'm not dumb and I followed MS's instructions to the letter. This issue has been replicated at a client site by their own sysadmin guy, so I'm fairly sure that this isn't an issue purely related to my setup. There's nothing on Technet recognising that this could be an issue.

My only workaround at this point is to set the user account to automatically end disconnected sessions, but this isn't really good enough (there are a few issues with this). The only other way is to allow the users to have a desktop which was not really the point of my distributing TS.

If anyone has any ideas on this I would wish you all the best in the world.

Thanks in advance,

Dan. <sorry about the length of above. detail is good<g>>

Your problem is caused by the process drmapsrv.exe (Driveshare). The Microsoft article Q274740 should be helpful in understanding why you are having this problem.

Fred,

Thanks so much! That helps a lot- now all I need to do is find a way to force driveshare.exe to close at the end of the excel run.

thanks again,

K.

Be aware that if you apply rdpclip_hotfix.exe you will also have the same problem with process fxrdpclp.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back