Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services with Dynamic IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV1611

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
I have a Terminal Server with access to the internet through a cable modem. I can't get a Static IP. Is there any third party solution that will let me find that Server from the internet and dial in through Terminal Services? Or better yet a third party solution that will let me know the IP of that Server so that I can dial in through Terminal Services?

Thanks in advance, AV

Try this link:

It works for me when I use my server as an FTP and works very well. Best of all its Free :)

Should work for TS as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link. I have been looking this over and finding several others that do about the same thing. The only thing I am worried about is Security. What do you think?

AV

At the end of the day you should have a firewall between your network and the internet.

Whether you have a static IP or a dynamic IP makes no difference as alot of hackers just use pot luck on the IP address or use port scanners on a range of IP addresses.

I have had no problems so far (touch wood).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back