Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services on Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengoo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
GH
Hi All
For some reason, every time I log into my terminal services session, all I get is the Internet Explorer screen.
I previously had Internet Explorer open automatically with the group policy so everyone opens the Intranet page on login. I have since removed this from the GPO but I am still getting it pop up.. any ideas why this could be?

Thanks

check the local policy on the computer. Had a similar problem, i would not allow users to close internet explorer. i removed the Group policy, but the policy was still in place, i checked the local policy and sure enough it was still set. So check local security.

Also check which shell the users are set to open up in it can be set to any app i.e notepad, iexplorer.. It should be just explorer.exe

Thanks guys

Blisten.. I've checked the local policy on that machine.. however, I can't find the policy setting that you mention.. which one is it?? Thanx :)

go to the MMC add a snap in for group policy and choose local computer. It should now look just like the policy you had in place, change any of the settings that need to be changed. mine was under windows components under internet explorer

Bob Listen
A+ MCP CCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back