Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services no desktop????

Status
Not open for further replies.

nath01

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
GB
I have terminal services installed and can share out the applications i want, however the need to share this with external partys is getting bigger. they all need access to 1 aapplication and i dont want them to see a compleate desktop i just want to share the application

Is this posable without going with citrix?

There is a cheapo way to do this, automatically start the application upon login via terminal server.
However this will be functional for all terminal connections into that server. What I did was have two NICs/IPS in my server. One NIC for my internal users to terminal into and the 2nd NIC for external users who only need to use one app.

If you go to Terminal Services configuration-> RDP-TCP properties-> Environment Tab, you can specify the app that starts up with.

The drawback is, if the app has access to a File -> Open window, you can get to the desktop that way by doing a right-mouse click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back