Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services - managing user access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtevensorrison

Technical User
Feb 22, 2006
GB
Hello There

we have jst set terminal services up over our network!

at the moment any user who logs on to terminal services has full access to the server, control panel, my computer etc!

i would like to restrict their access to 2 programs!

can someone please, PLEASE instruct me on this!

thanks in advance!

if u need any more info, jst ask!

If you are running Active Directory you will need to define some group polices and restrict the remote access group to the programs that you want them to run as well as restrict their access to the server / network.

If not running Active Dir you will need to set up a batch file that starts up those programs and put that in the Environment TAB for each user , put a check mark in "Start the following program" and define the batch file and path. Be advised that they may still be able to browse the server / network as most applications allow that sort of thing with "File Open". You might be able to customize the app to remove those capabilities but it is a pain to do so

Norm

Thanks you for a swift reply

is there any way you can describe these processes to me in a more detail, thank you!

we have a policy but ive tried edit the group policy use(i think we use),changing access to my computer and drives etc,bt i dont see any change in the terminal service sessions!

can u please send me some instructions on how to carry out these changes!

Thanks again

steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back