Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services licensing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

said07

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2004
US
We are in the process of implemeting xenapp 6.5 and in the process we are getting 2008r2 ts cals. I was told i needed to install the rds role on a 2008r2 which is fine.
The question is: since I don't want to get rid of my metaframe 4.0 farm yet for some users, can I keep my 2003 ts licensing server for them and use the 2008r2 for the new xenapp 6.5 farm without conflicts?

Thanks,

I don't see a problem with what you are doing, unless the 2003 TS server is on a Domain Controller. You can specify the License server you want to use in Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration on the Win2k8r2 server. Or you could probably move all your TS cals to the new RDS server and change your metaframe 4.0 to look there for CALS. keeps them all in one place and they should be backwards compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back