Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpeterson

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2005
CA
I am trying to make out terminal services computer to see local drives on the computer that is connecting to the server. It shows local printers fine but if i go into properties the disable disk mapping button is checked and greyed out but i dont know why i cant uncheck it. Would the disk mapping option be what I need to show local floppy drives? If so howcome it is greyed out? Thanks.

I was just doing some reading and apperently you cant show local drives in terminal services on win 2000 but it works on 2003. Is this true?

Well i know it def works in Server 2003 - What mode are you running your Term Server 2000 in Remote Admin or Application?????

How would I find out what mode TS is running in? Sorry but I am new at this so I am trying to learn. Thanks

Terminal Services is running in application mode. I still find it weird how the disk mapping checkbox is greyed out as well as audio.

kpeterson: You need to install DrMap
Can I use DrMap with the new Terminal Services Client?

I know for a fact this does work, as I had to install it multiple times.

Drmap files should be loaded onto the server
Drmap files should be loaded onto the clients/ windows/system32 directory.

According to Microsoft, it is not supported with the TSAC Rdpclip and Drmapsrv Are Unsupported with Terminal Services Advanced Client (MSKB:Q278139)

The usual answer people give to that question is, "It doesn't work, I've tried it."

As pointed out by Nina Nortje, however, if you install the drmap server on a Win2K TS and the drmap client on any NT family OS - including XP with the latest TS client - it will work perfectly on a local LAN.

There are 2 isseus to remember, though; first, you LOSE clipboard sharing; second, you can only use DrMap over a local connection; it uses NetBIOS for mapping.

Create yourself a batch files works a treat.

Cheers
Seb

Where would I find DrMap, i searched on google but I can't really find anything helpful about it. How would I go about getting DrMap? Thanks for the help.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back