Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services in the Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

herny

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
BR
The access for Terminal Services in Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition doesn´t work. Somebody knows why?

[[HERNY]]

define "doesnt work"!

it could be a number of things:
* Users have no permission to login
* No license server
* You've spelt something wrong
* You've done something wrong
* No licenses to allow logins

etc etc etc

I'm having a problem like Henry i think. I have a 2003 server enterprise edition 180 day trial. It is connected to a small business server 2000 domain. I have the 2003 server in terminal services application mode and is going to be used to connect remote users via a public IP address.

I have gave the users dial in permisions in AD but when they connect they get the following message "the local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively" ??? The TS server does not have licenses installed as this is just a trial to see if it suits our needs, but i thought you could have users connect free for a 6 month period. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Paul

When you have TS setup in Administrative mode you *must* be in the administrator group to have rights to log on.

The server is in APPLICATION SHARING MODE and regular users cannot connect only administrators.

Thanks

Paul

seemed to have solved it. Needed to give users logon access in terminal services manager. Only admins given this right by default.

Thanks

go to RDP-Tcp properties and give the group/user guest acces and user Access. under default domain controller policy, add group/user to allow login to TS remotely.

Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back