Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don79

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2001
US
Hi Guys,

I have opened up the appropriate ports on our Watchguard firewall to access our Terminal Server from a remote location. The firewall techs ran a test and said they can access our terminal server through the firewall. However, I installed terminal services client software on a remote computer and I get "time out" error messages when I try to connect to the terminal server. I definitely know the firewall is configured correctly and the IP settings on the Terminal Server are correct. This must be some sort of Terminal Server Configuration Issue? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

The information you are providing is quite insufficient.

There are multiple reasons as to why you are unable to connect.

But for starters. How did the firewall guys test it? Are you sure your client works. If you disable the firewall can you connect?

The firewall guys tested through telnet and were able to get through the firewall. I'm having this error pop up when I try to connect to the Term Server from a remote computer. Does the remote comp have to be Win 2k?

Have you been able to connect through Terminal Services locally(on the same side of the firewall)? If not then your problem is not related to remote access. If you can connect locally then the problems is not related to Terminal Services.

I solved the problem. Had to change the gateway IP address.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back