Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services Client, ZoneAlarm and Win2k Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

garpa

Programmer
Mar 22, 2003
GB
Hi,

Hope someone can help me.

I have a small network at home running through a broadband connection.
The internet-server on my network has zonealarm installed. I can run pretty much everything from my networked-laptop through the internet-server. i.e. web, ftp, sql server etc..

When I run Terminal Services Client from my laptop through the internet-server to my destination TS, it cannot connect saying that it cannot find the TS.

If I run the Client on my internet-server, I can connect to the TS no-problem.

How can I run Terminal Client from my laptop, through my internet-server to the TS?

is it a zonealarm problem? I have added the IP address of the TS to zonealarm as both a trusted and internet accessible connection.

Thanks!

Carl.

Hi

Are you running Internet Connection Sharing on the server or other proxy software?

If it is ICS then you need to get a Windows update for ICS and VPN/IPSEC.

If its another proxy (ex: winproxy, winroute, cygate) its probably already built IPSEC pass-through in.

In Zonealarm Pro -- Firewall -- advanced -- check off allow VPN protocols

Good Luck

Hi

Sorry the directions that I gave are for a VPN with Terminal Services.

Hi,

Mine worked fine without any intervention! Although it did take a while in starting the initial screen.

Cheers,
Carl.

I only have Zonealarm FREE.

Thanks for the info, it at least gives me something to look into, perhaps it would be worth my time investing in ZoneAlarmPro.

Thanks again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back