Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal services Client Not Connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahmelion

MIS
Jan 3, 2001
US
I've just recently built a Windows XP Professional machine and installed terminal services client on it. Whenever I try to connect to any of the terminal servers I get an error message that reads"Terminal server has ended the connection" I checked the terminal services configuration settings on all of the servers, and under the RDP-tcp proporties I made sure that the network card has unlimited connections. I also checked all of the liscences and were nowhere near the max. Any Ideas?

Ok, first off, XP comes with a built-in client, I hope you are referring that you added the Remote Desktop option in Windows XP and you did not install the Windows 2000 Terminal Client. Since it comes with a built-in version, licenses are no longer an issue when connecting with an XP. All XP machines now come with a Terminal Server License.

The only thing that could stop you is that you can't actually reach the Terminal Server with port TCP 3389 (port for RDP) or you don't have the security to log on, but you should get the logon window regardless.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Try running network monitor on the server as you log on, it may reveal what kind of authentication is taking place.
Also you can check the remote access policies on the server.
Can you ping the server ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back