Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services & Adobe PageMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrober

MIS
Feb 9, 2002
GB
We are a small business and our designer has asked to work from home. She uses Adobe Pagemaker, PhotoShop & Illustrator here at work. There is no broadband service in her village, the best connection we can hope for is ISDN.

A solution might be Terminal Server running these programs but I'm wondering if the size of the files she's likely to create will cause problems with slow transfer of data between server and client.

Does anyone have experince of a similar setup? All feedback gratefully received.

if she's doing all of her work on the Terminal server, then the only data on the line will be keystroke/mouse and video-refresh related.

Thanks brontosaurus.

My concer was whether her screen would refresh quickly enough given the complexity of some of the graphics and the speed of connection. Other techies are of the opinion there may be a significant problem with lag. I guess we're just going to have to test it out and see if it's a feasible solution after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back