Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services 2003/Documents and Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydny

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
US
We are in the process of migrating from Citrix XP Metaframe running on a Windows 2000 server to using only Terminal Services running on a Windows 2003 server.

My question is, what is the best way to move the users and all of their settings to the new 2003 server? Currently, the users have a personal folder under a shared directory which they have access to via a mapped drive (U:) which they get as a result of a login script. This should not be an issue, I believe that I can just copy the entire users folder over to the new server. The problem is that when the users logon to Citrix, all of their desktop settings are saved under D:\Documents and Settings, I believe that Citrix had the option to redirect documents and settings to another drive besides the C drive. I would like to be able to redirect C:\documents and settings to the D: drive on the 2003 Server? Does anyone know of a way to do this? I already tried a registry hack that I found on some documentation: HKLM\software\microsoft\windows NT\CurrentVersion\Profilelist, where I changed the value of the 'profilesDirectory' to the D drive. This did not work as I was unable to logon to the server as myself after the change.

you can redirect the doc and setting for the users using Gp you can also redirect plenty of other none useful profile folders to in the same location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back