Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Services 10 User Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdfi13

MIS
May 24, 2005
US
I have a W2k3 (non-domain controller) box that is being used for the TS licensing. I have 2-10 user licenses (20 total). I know that the licensing server doesn't enforce the "per user" level license, so the amount I have loaded is irrelevant.

I have another server setup as a TS using those license. For some reason when the 11th user tries to log in, they get the red error message stating "client could not establish a connection to the remote computer". The TS server is setup on a per user license, and I am allowing users to have more than one connection.

There is something about that 11th user it just doesn’t like.

Terminal server definately will enforce the licensing limit.

Have you gone into the licensing server and confirmed that it has all twenty licenses available? It sounds like you only have ten loaded.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.
The poster formerly known as lander215

Also make sure you have all the same license not some per user and per seat.

Is your other server (the one that users are connecting to) a Windows 2000 server? If so, you are probably running into a problem that Microsoft has a hotfix for.

Client computers cannot obtain a permanent Windows 2000 Terminal Services Client Access License (CAL) from a Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services Licensing server

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back