Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service - Software closes unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinolas

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
CA
Hi,

A remote office uses Win2K for Terminal Service access to our FileMaker database.

Some users experience weird behaviour when starting up FileMaker... We have a local FileMaker DB (actually on the Terminal Server) that is used to open all the necessary DBs from the host (other FileMaker server computer).

The users report that when they start the local DB, the remote DBs start opening normally one after the other until at some point FileMaker closes completely without warning, bringing them back to the desktop.

They then usually try again, and it usually works the second time... although I received reports of users having to do this 3 or 4 times to get FileMaker to stay open.

Anybody has seen this before ?

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Well it seems that the problem (like most of the Terminal Service's problems) was caused by printer drivers...

I found that there was still an old, unused printer driver on the computer that was having problems opening our DBs. This printer driver also was installed on the Terminal Server...

I removed the old driver from both the station and the server, the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back