Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminal service reboots server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolando

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
AU

recently i attached an external backup device to my file server and somehow it blew the configuration of the raid controller and took one of my mirrored drives down

the server is a HP LC2000

after getting the drive back online and starting up the server i see:

whenever i attempt to terminal service into my file server, the thing performs a soft reboot with a savedump event in the event viewer.... it appears to be quite consistent on the three preceding events which are in the following order in event viewer:

savedump: DOH!

netlogon: dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more dns records failed because of no DNS server

browser: unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master \\SRV-TERM on the network

mrxsmb: redirector was unable to initialise security context or query context attributes

can anyone suggset a possible route for me to get this thing resolved without getting out the install cds and doing that ?????

thanks in advance

check the backup device driver .at microsot sites .

Yours
Malbaz
MCSE 2k , CCNP, CIW

sorry, i forgot to mention....

i have since taken the backup drive off the system (for my sanity as much as for system integrity)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back