Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service questions please help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin911

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2004
CA
I have some questions i have installed terminal service on Windows 2000 in application mode and will have a few users working from home and other office.

Most of my users are on PC but one is using mac. Is it possible for him to connect to the terminal server on Mac and if so with what exactly?

Also i would like to know since some of those client will be working from home and other office is there a procedure to install a local printer or it's the same has configuring a printer on your local machine?

And finally is there a way that the user connecting trough terminal service could see his local hard drive and how ?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Martin

What about his computer hard drive how can i make it so when hes in his terminal server session he could see his local hard drive?

Do i have to use logon script example: net use w: \\computer\share ? any help would be appreciate

Thanks for infos on the printers and mac beetween

Martin

Again, if the Mac client is like the Windows client, there is a check box he can check to map his local drives to the terminal session.

On the Windows client, you click the options button then go to the local resources tab and check the disk drives box.

I selected disk drives and i cannot see the local drive from my computer. What could cause this problem?

Hmm...did anything get logged in the event logs on the terminal server?

I just noticed an error from terminal service:

an internal communication error occured. Redirected printing will no longer fonction.

EventID 1103
Source: TermServDevices

In terminal service configuration i just noticed that the field disable drive mapping was selected but the box is grayed out same thing for printers but that box wasnt grayed out so i removed the check box on printer.

Could that be it and how can i modify that gray box for disable drive mapping?

(im logged has administrator)

yes and the option below client client drive at logon isnt selected and that box is grayed out

On Win2k you can not automatically have your drives show up. You will have to have a VPN from the client to the server and run a net use statement back to the clients drive after you share it. Win2003 Server has this feature where the drives will show up.

Thanks Dmasch i didnt think i needed to setup VPN at first i did set a few terminal server before but never gave users access to their local hard drive normally it was only to access ressources on the network.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back