Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service Printing and color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faheemi

Programmer
Sep 2, 2001
HK
Hi experts,

I want to print from my Terminal service to my locally mapped network Printer and/or local printer. How could I do that. Please help.

Can you please tell me why my application inside the terminal server or not showing the colors properly?
Is it possible to show the color normally?.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance and your help will be highly appreciated.

Hameed

Hi.
My understanding is that you can print to the local printer through TS, but the output isn't right....correct?

If so, go to the printer manufacturer's web site & download the newest drivers for Win2K & install them on your 2K server.

This should help

Bill ------------
Certified in absolutely nothing :)

all you have to do is set up a local printer while in your terminal services section... when it asks for port assignment...scroll down till you see TS and your computer name with lpt behind it. This is a port created when the computer logged into terminal services and will keep putting the printer back onto the same port everytime you log on.

as for the colors...there are some help sites on microsoft that tell you how to improve grapghics performance in terminal services.

Hi there,

Thank you all for your feedback.

I tried to setup a local printer while in Terminal service session. But I could not find "TS and my computer name with lpt behind it" . What I am doing wrong? please help me.

I remember my Terminal Service machine is running in administrative mode.

For terminal services colors I really unable find any topics in the Microsoft site. Do you have a specific link you book marked? Please help me.

Thanks a lot for your feed back

Hameed

At the server under computer management, if you check the properties of the user there is an environment tab. Check off load local printers. Keep in mind this may cause issues when trying to set the default printer if you also have a network printer installed on the server. The user just has to verify were they want to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back