Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service Local Client Printing UNix and PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfons

MIS
Jan 23, 2003
US
I have a somewhat complicated printing problem.
Here is the setup:
1) Server running 2000 Server, Terminal services group policy allowing user to connect local drives and printers.
2) Client running XP pro, Adobe acrobat to print to PDF, Apple Laser connected wireless via a Unix LPR port.

When I log on my drive will connect and the serial port, but the printers will not.

We checked the group policy on ther server and it is allowing client printer redirection. The terminal services configuration also allows it.

When I try to add a printer using the local port, it shows 3 ports for my machine (TS001 - TS003 PRN 10 to PRN 8) but none will print to the Laser or to a pdf.

Is terminal service capable or re-directing to a unix LPR port? Do I have to do something on the server end with drivers, unix print options, etc?

Can terminal services print to a client PDF? Or would acrobat need to be installed on the server and printed to a file and copied or saved to the client.

Both of these issues are very important as they are needed to properly do my job remotely.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back