Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Service Licensing Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfgu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2001
US
Hi,
I have windows 2000 SP4 installed with terminal services.
My question is, when I goto Admin tools --> Terminal Service licensing, I see the CAL tokens that are given out. They dont tell who was the user it was given out to, but the Name of the User's computer.
My question is, Can I find out who was using that computer to log in? Can I control who gets a CAL token and who doesn't?
DO I have to wait till the CAL token expires before being able to issue another one out? or Can I manually take a token away?

Thanks for any information avaiable.

They don't show the username because they are per-device licenses. Once a machine gets a TS CAL, any user that logs on to that machine can access a terminal server using that CAL.

You can delete the CAL from the client (there is a registry key), but that will not return it to the pool. The license MMC will still show the license as being issued, until it expires.

I understand that the license is given to the client, but is there a way to find out who that client is? Because that client has to login to the system in order to give the license out.

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back