Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkl

Programmer
May 16, 2001
US
Can Terminal Server be set up to run on a box running win2k Pro and not win2k Server os?

and if so, how??

thanks.

No. Terminal Services is a Server application that runs on Windows 2000 Server (Or NT4 Terminal Server edition) No way past that. Now there are third part programs out there that may allow you to do this. I dont know what they are. Ohters here will know.Good luck. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Thanks James. I was afraid of that.

Sorry about that. Now, as I stated, there are third party applications out there that allow that on a Windows 2K Pro machine. They may cost a pretty penny. I dont know. I think you were looking for jsut TS just to olay with correct? If not what is it you are trying to do. Maybe we can help. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Try vnc. It's a little slow, but it's free. Search for vnc on a search engine to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back