Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

destini

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
US
I have installed Terminal Services and I'm having an issue with applications closing from a workstation. Actually, they close but I get a blank screen for 60 seconds until the session shuts down. Is there a setting to change this so it will close right away without the 60 second wait?

You are going to have to provide more information. You stated that you have installed Terminal Services. Are your users running applications within the Terminal Services window, and the applications inside there are taking time to close? What is the power of the server and workstation in question? How many users are using your Terminal Server at the same time? What about resources on the server? Perhaps you are trying to make it do more than it's hardware was designed for. Have you done any monitoring on the server, etc?

Good luck,

It may be trying to save the terminal service profile to the hard drive. Some simple things you can do - (beside disk quota) is to clean up the profile on the server, clean up the temp files, defrag the server, etc...

You can also check if a LOCAL logon to the terminal server has the same issues. Sometimes there's a pesky database trying to close that's taking it's sweet time.

Have you also checked your event logs?

Looks like server performance issues...wht is the Hardware that you are using and number of connections and applications too??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back