Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server with digital Camera 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

colten

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2006
US
Hello All,
We have recently purchased a Windows 2003 Server that we are using as a Terminal Server. Many of our employees rely on using digital cameras, and we would like to be able to pull those images off the camera directly onto the Terminal Server through our local clients. Microsoft has told us that they do not support USB redirection with cameras.

When I mentioned that the camera should be very similar to a USB hard-drive that does redirect correctly. They even said they don't support USB hard-drive redirection.

So what M$ is telling me is that the only thing they support for USB redirection is printers. Can this be true. As I mentioned to the tech at MS that leaves a lot of hardware out there that can not be used in a thin client environment.

Can anyone help me with either a non supported method to make this work or a third party vendor??

Thanks in advance

Thanks pgaliardo, I am waiting for their sales to call me back. I don't see that they offer a demo, but I will let you know how this works out.

Thanks Again

pgaliardo,
You get a couple of stars for this. Thanks again it really saved us!!

Glad it worked out for you. I worked with them on scanning through terminal services a while back. They are really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back