Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server temporary licenses 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danomac

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2002
AM
I was doing some maintenance today on my W2K3 server running terminal server and noticed that the server is issuing temporary device CAL licenses.

We have 50 TS user CALs installed, and the server is set to user licensing.

Does anyone know why it would be doing this? I've looked around Technet and Google but all problems point to a server in an incorrect licensing mode - mine is correct; it has user CALs and is set to user licensing.

Is it a possibility it's issuing a temporary device CAL to each machine I've used to remotely administrate the server? I haven't had any complaints of machines being denied access, so I'm unsure of what to make of this problem.

After poring through ten thousand or so entries in the error logs, it appears the certificate store for terminal server is corrupt. Apparently reinstalling terminal server licensing will fix it (will try this later.)

Confirmed - removing terminal server licensing, reinstalling, and reactivating corrected the problem. I kind of wonder how it got corrupt in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back