Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Spooler Crashes Constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlegates

Technical User
May 24, 2007
US
Have a Windows Serve 2003 and a Windows Server 2000. The 2000 is my Terminal Server. The 2003 is my license server. I have eight people that remote in and work using a Sage application. It seems that every time I get about four users that login, the screen is just blue for about 1 minute. Then the desktop comes up. Now, when I try and open up the printers folder in the control panel it won't open. I have to restart the spooler service then it opens up with no printers. I then have to close the printers folder and reopen it to see the printers again. I have this issue about 10 times a day. I have been all over the net trying to find a solution and nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions or ideas?

PCS3035

Is it any particular combination of 4 users that logon that generate this problem or can it be isolated to one user who may have a problem profile and using a printer driver that is not TS friendly. Do the system event logs show any errors regarding the spooler prior to it crashing?

I have ran the TS redirection tool and changed drivers accordingly including selecting none to the printers that we don't use for TS. I tried remoting in from my home with no one connected and the spooler crashed. I have no printers installed on this PC so I'm not sure why the spooler crashed now. Could it be a licensing issue. I can see my 2003 DC from my 2000 TS and it show my license. But I do get a event warning about a license error every fifteen minutes about how it can't see my DC. I have looked into it and Microsoft says to just disable the service. Any ideas?

PCS3035

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back