Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Specific Profile not being created on remote server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothereonlythere

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2009
US
I am having a issue getting profiles to auto create in the specified location I give it via either AD or GPO.
I have done quite a bit already, so I will give the basic details and fill in the blanks if they are asked.

I built a TS, updated it.
Its in its own OU, Blocked Inheritance. I configured the GP Loopback. Under CC/Policies/Admin Templates/Windows Components/TS/Profiles I have set the option "Set path for TS Roaming User Profile" to the given share: "\\FS-1\Share"

The share has Everyone with Full rights, and Security has users with full rights, I have tested and a user can create files from the TS in the directory.

I have checked and the GPO is applied. Its a Computer Config, so it should do this for every user regardless of being under/in a security group or OU. (correct?)

When I log into the TS the users profile is created local and after logoff is not replicated to the correct location.

I have also tried this in AD, Specifying the profile path under TS tab.

Normal Roaming profiles work fine and create fine. This only happens with a user not using roaming profiles but needs a roaming TS profile.

I did alot of troubleshooting, so ask anything and I will fill in the blanks if I tired it already.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back