Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server - Some can others cannot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javy1

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Hey,

Here is my situation.

Windows 2000 Small Business Server SP2 - Domain Controller
Terminal Server licensing is installed there.

Windows 2000 Small Business Server SP3 - Member Server
Terminal server installed there

Both Server are in Application Mode.

Here is the issue:

All clients are able to access the network through VPN Dialer. However some users (Two in particular)are having problems connecting to the TS. The message is that the TS cannot issue a license. Licensing is not an issue because I have a few available. In TS manager I can see them trying to handshake the server (A small terminal monitor is display, with no user)After a couple of seconds they get a messagee that the TS has ended the connection. In terms of user settings all user have the same permissions and rights.

Thanks,

Javy

Which of the 2 servers are the problem clients attempting to connect to? If it is the member server, I would check to maker sure that your Terminal Server Licensing Manager is setup properly. Is it listed in AD Sites and Services as the License Manager for the site where the member server is?

--Roger

Everybody is connecting to the member server. The TS Licensing is on the DC. I check AD Sites and Services and the TS Licensing is pointing to the DC not the member server where the TS server is. I have try a lot of things but nothing seems to let the two users in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back