Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal server shadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTFOOL

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2006
US
I come from a Citrix setup that easily allowed me to shadow any users session when they were having trouble. I right clicked the users session and selected remote control and after a prompt on the users end I was in on the users session controling their mouse, how do I do this through terminal services manager in Windows 2003 ?
I have a remote control option, but clicking it never allows me to connect thru to the users session...Is there something I need to enable to make this work ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I too have been spoilt by using Citrix...

Assuming your policies are setup to allow shadowing, all you need to do is open a remote desktop session onto the server where your users are running, then you can open Terminal services manager on that server, then rt click the session and choose remote control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back