Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Service on windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITMax

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2003
US
I am unable to connect to one server that is running terminal services client in remote administration mode.

even using my XP remote communication client whcih connects to my other 12 servers just fine.

I am not sure what has changed as 4 weeks ago i was able to connect to this same box.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the terminal services (with a reboot after uninstall and after reinstall as well)

when i do a netstat -n i do see that the server is listening on port 3389 ...

I am trying to connect internally so no firewall or anything else in the way.

the only thing i get when i try with either the XP client or the terminal services client (used the tool to create disks from the same server) is the following message:

The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer.

The most likely causes are:
1) remote connections are not enabled on the computer (not true)
2)The maximum number of connections have been exceeded (not true) only one RDP port and its been reset 2-3 times during this session alone
3)A network error occured while establishing a connection.
(not sure what this is, I can access the server files and mapped drives as well as ping the server and login to the domain)

basically it looks like the thing is hung somehow and I am not sure what it could be, if anyone has encountered anything like this or has any suggestions i would appreciate it,

basically what I have done is followed one item it might have been which is 128bit encryption, I have set the rdp encryption level to low (from medium) and reinstalled terminal services to no avail at this time.

regards

3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back