Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server properties/Admin mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatPlus

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
Hello all:

I remotely connect to Terminal Services on a Windows 2000 Server.

However, when I connect, I would like the user at the server see the activity and I know this is done but could not find any place where I could do this

Please help

Tanks/Mickey

AFAIK you can only do this with the W2003 remote desktop rather than W2K terminal services.

Hi ntinlin:

I have seen it done in Windows 2000 myself.... just lost track of where I must begin

Thanks
Mickey

There is a remote control feature of your user's terminal sessions in w2k. Either on the server it's self or through a terminal session from your workstation, go to programs administrative tools and open terminal services manager. Find your connected user and if you right click on his session, one option is to see their sessions desktop. Your user will be prompted to accept your request. Hope this helps.

Please note that you can only remote control another session if you are also logged into a terminal session. You cannot remote control a TS session from the console (session 0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back