Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Profiles Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayzze

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
US
I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell a single server to not use terminal server profiles. I have an application that requires installation on C: no matter what so a new Citirx server was built to house this app. My general purpose desktop published app is load balanced between 5 servers and use remapped drives (M:) so Terminal Server profiles are very attractive and work well. When the profiles try to load on the server with C: as the root drive the profiles hang. What I would love to do is tell that box to just create local profiles and not process the terminal server profile. Is this possible? The servers are all Windows 2000 with Metaframe XP FR2.

I was hoping some registry/local policy setting could be modified to make this happen.

you could also deek it out by using the subst command to make it think c: is M: etc...

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back