Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Processes without usernames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOlinski

IS-IT--Management
Dec 21, 2010
US
Hello everybody!

We recently ran in to an issue with our Websense system not identifying users. All the webtraffic shows it's from our ISA Proxy server, rather than the actual users on the terminal server farm. The config on the ISA server hasn't changed in a few months... Now, I'm not sure if it's related, we noticed that processes for our terminal server users are starting to show up with out a username. At first it was just maybe 1 or 2 users... but now we only see usernames for maybe 1 or 2 users per server.

Whether your remote in to each server and look at the task manager or you look at the processes through the remote desktop manager, there are no user names assigned to any of the running applications or processes.

I'm sure it will be asked, but yes, I do have full domain admin and local admin rights on these terminal servers when I'm looking at this.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Has anyone else run in to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back