Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server - Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don79

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2001
US
Hi Guys,

I have a user who is logging onto our Terminal Server from home. How do I set up a printer at the remote site for him to print as well. Does there have to be a firewall config change for this? Does the printer have to be on the network, or can it be locally connected to the computer he is using? Please advise. Thank You!

install the driver on the server, make sure his profile will allow him to autocreate printers...poof your done

Hi Blisten,

Thanks for your reply. So, if he had say an Epson printer connected locally (parallel) to his computer, all I would have to do is install this printer on the server? When I install it on the server, do I install it as a local or network printer?

You need to install it on the server as a local printer. You would also make it shared so you can load additional drivers if the workstation is running a Windows version lower than the server's. After you install the printer and have the appropriate drivers, you can delete the printer from the server. You install the printer on the server, just to load the drivers. The drivers will stay on the server so it can recognize the workstation's printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back