Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryMc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
CA
I have an Access 97 app that remote users run under terminal server on my Win2K box. The app has reports that need to be printed on specific printers on their local printer eg Letter head etc. My problem is that with terminal server the printers get mapped with the session number in the name for example LetterHead/TS/Session 3. But each logon the Session # can change so users get an error if I setup report with "Use specific printer".

I have forced users to open the print dialog to select a printer but this is not ideal for an data entry application.

Does anyone know a way I can get the full names of the mapped printers with VB and print the reports to them.

Thanks
Terry

Terry,

Is there any way to capture the threads through the terminal server? Is your server set up as a DNS? I am having a similar problem using map drives thru my terminal server. There is a way to map drives on log in in order to copy/cut and paste using netuse command but I am not sure if you could use the netuse command for printers?...I will watch this thread closely and pass along anything I can find too.

Thanks
Tammy F

My server is not setup as DNS, it does not even have AD. I setup just enough to get TS working as I was in a hurry to get my application deployed.

I did use the code examples from the Access 97 Developer Handbook to get Access to a list of printers in code. And it works in TS and lists all the mapped printers. But I have not figured out where it gets its info from. The session information is somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back