Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Printer Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakenjod

MIS
Jun 30, 2003
US
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me...
we have an XP machine that has a local printer attached to it. This system is part of our domain however the application it runs is run under the local admin to the computer. Our users connect to terminal sessions via Win-terms. To which they are set up to print to the local printer that is attached to the XP machine. Has worked in the past with no problem when I map the printers. Now, they are not able to print to the printer...nothing comes out. When you go into Printers and Faxes and open the printer up it shows...access denied, unable to connect.
I have no problem connecting to the printer via my PC, but I have a PC (not a Winterm) and I am part of the administrators group. Laptop users are also fine...its only our users that are using the terminal servers. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back