Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server No Login Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

geraghtyr

MIS
Mar 25, 2002
US
When I log onto my terminal server web page I connect to the initial page but then when it goes to where the login screen should be there in nothing. The picture doesn't show. It works on 2000 pro box with ie6 no sp1 but doesn't on one with sp1? i tried removing sp1 but still nothing.

I had the same problem before but can't remember how I fixed it. I think I'll try removing the service pack again but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Hello,

On the box that makes a sucessful connection, compare the properties to the one that fails to see the page that you are looking for. Could be a script or path that needs to be there.

Good luck

Don't know if anyone is still looking at this but I saw it in a search and since I do battle with this issue from time to time as updates get put on the server, I thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

It seems to be because the OCX doesn't get properly updated.

My fix has been to go into Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files box - Settings, View Objects, Remove any Microsoft RDP Client Control entries. Might need to reboot or remove it after a fresh reboot.

Then retry terminal services. Your Terminal Services site should send out a fresh version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back