Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacey123

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
GB
Hi Guys,

I need help with a little problem I have with Terminal Services Licencing, I setup Terminal Service licencing on my 2000 DC So that all clients connecting to that domain issues with Term Serv Temp/Unlimited Licences, I had a bit of a problem with a couple of clients connecting and the p;roblem of connecting to Term serv got bigger and bigger By now I could not get hardly anyone to connect to Terminal Services because of a licensing problem so I uninstalled Terminal Service Licensing from the 2000 DC now when I try and Install it again It won't pick back up from when It was last installed and says "Can't find Terminal Licensing Server" HELP!!!

How do I get this backup and running as a Terminal Service Licensing server???????

Peacey

When you say you did an uninstall of the Terminal Server, did you uninstall both Terminal Server and the Licnese Server?

Do you have any non Windows 2000 or Windows XP machines logging onto Terminal Server?

When you do an un-install and re-install, you need to remove both Terminal Server and the Licensing. Then reboot the server, and install both of them again, and you will have to re-register the PIN's, but it will start it from scratch on the days left of activation, stuff like that.

Do you have Terminal Server CALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back