Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal server licencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinken

MIS
Jul 7, 2003
US
We currently have 9 terminal servers all windows 2003. Right now a windows 2000 box is issuing the licences. When i try to connect with the box issuing the licenses it dosent work. My question is do i need to activate a new 2003 license server to hand out the client licenses or can the windows 2000 box that is already activated as a ts licence server handle this? And if it can handle this do i need to do something special for it to work because it is not working the way im trying to connect now.

Thanks in advance

sorry, was supposed to say we have 9 Terminal servers all windows 2000. Im trying to get 2 2003 terminal server boxes set up.

A 2000 licensing server will not issue licenses to a 2003 terminal server. You will need a 2003 license server. Where that box can go is another matter that I have a post up about right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back