Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpop

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2004
US
Trying to TS to my office from my home network. I get a black screen with no activity, Microsoft says to ping or change the mtu size, cant ping cause the port for icmp is not opened. Went to my neighbors house from his computer I had a black screen also. Dialed up to aol on another pc and got in no problem. What the heck?

Please help
Thanks in advance

This sounds like a server side issue. Probably has nothing to do with you on your side. It was a good test to try to connect from your neighbors computer...

First check to see if people can connect to the server for inside your work network.

You may just want to try to reboot the server.

If this doesn't work, upgrade to the latest service pack.

If you don't want to upgrade to the latest service pack, you can apply this hotfix:
-hope this helps...

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Found a fix I installed a cisco vpn client on my machine. It modified my network adapter settings, what change it made I have no idea but i can access the server.

All i did was install it not configure it. we dont need vpn to connect, funny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back