Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminal server and IIS 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shargrave

MIS
Nov 1, 1999
US
anyone running terminal server with the NT option pack installed? i wanted access to IIS 4.0 and so far everything is running ok...except for trying to use the MMC in a terminal session. i cant configure IIS with MMC in a terminal session. it opens MMC and when i click on IIS it just sits there spinning its wheels and never connects. works fine at the server, just not in a session. anyone else have any experience with this?

Yep, the admin tools for IIS 4.0 will not operate in a terminal server session. Your best bet is to use the HTML Manager and access that from a terminal server session (That way you don't have to open security to the Admin).<br>
<p>Jim Collin<br><a href=mailto:Jim@collin.cc>Jim@collin.cc</a><br><a href= Technologies</a><br>Consumer Technology Integration<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back