Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Server & music files? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseybc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2000
US
I have a user who wants to be able to download music to their desktop on the terminal server and then play them through their ICA client. Is this at all possible?

Yes.

You need to enable audio for the connections via the Connection Configuration tool on the Citrix server, and you need to make sure that the client has the necessary drivers on their device to play sound files.

In the client software, you need to make sure that audio is enabled and set to the desired quality.

A word of warning, medium quality audio adds 64k to the clients bandwith. High quality adds around 1Mb! Make sure your network can handle this.

I hope this information is useful

Unless it has changed recently, audio over ICA is only supported for .WAV files - will not work for MP3s.

I may be incorrect, but you might wish to check it out...

Just about any audio format works with the latest client and sevice pack updates on MetaFrame with the feature release.

I haven't tested this on previous versions, but it will definitely play mp3 and streaming audio / real audio with the configuration I'm using.

Thank you for the replies. Do you know if the same is true with Terminal Server and the Terminal Server client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back