Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminal Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

konchamp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2005
US
I have 2 TTY ports 1 goes to my PC and 1 goes to a terminal. Out of the blue my terminal stopped working. Everytime I type something I keep getting a 6 whatever key I hit I get a 666666.....both TTY ports are still enabled. Any ideas?

Thanks

Try power cycling the terminal.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Power cycling didn't help, I even switch cable between PC and terminal and still doesn't work so I know the terminal is good.

Then you might want to verify the communication settings are the same on the TTY port and the terminal, they might have gotten changed by accideent.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

how do I do that? Sorry, still newbie

I've moved the cables to a PC and it does the same thing, so I know the keyboard is good...

1.Make sure your using port0 so u can read of it's baudrate from the ssc.
2. Configure your terminal for 8-N-1 with no flow control.
3. If your using a modem eliminator, try a different one.

Good luck

Pro reffers to my company, not my status

You may have to go to another port to verify your current port isn't disabled.

I disabled and renabled the port, same thing, changed the baud rates still the same....every key i hit I get a 6 must be the sign of the devil....i'm running out of ideas..

looking at your other post with the cdr issue is it possible you have the 2 ports rolled

The terminal problem happened about 3 months before this CDR thing....I just now had the time to try and resolve both....

if your getting all 6's and the term has been changed then i would suspect the io port.. if this is an opt 11 it could be the cable, but they seldom go bad unless they show damage. those ports are on your ssc card.. might try the tty ports in the second cab if you have them built.. what kind of switch do you have?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

every key i hit I get a 6 must be the sign of the devil....

Well, Halloween is coming up...

Seriously though check the emulation of the terminal. Make sure that it's set for the terminal you are at or try a standard like VT100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back