Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

terminal communications on 61c-81c

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy53

Vendor
Aug 2, 2011
US
I can see date stamps etc but when i hit return to get ovl 111 message switch dosnt respond i guesss i see the switch but dosnt see me have replace nt8d41bb

It sees your CR, type LOGI and see what comes back

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

--Translated: "when I hit return to get the OVL111 message, the switch doesn't respond"

--You have replaced the Paddle Board.

--Your Subject is "61c-81c". It is one or the other.

What have you not replaced?

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

It dosnt see my CR and its a 81c this happened after a storm also cannot talk to cores it dosnt talk on core 1 and wont swap to 0 and i have only swapped out the 41 BB Quad card and cant communicate to any of the 4 ports does the utilities card support the SDI cards as well the core interfaces or a different card Thanks

So likely hardware cooked during the storm...

J25 or J21 on the left rear connection panel should get you into the core - connect to the active core. One connection is straight, one is crossover so try both if unsure.

Senior Engineer, cmass

I had a problem some years ago with TTY access. It was oK via a PTY. We found out that one of the CNI's needed resetting.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Have plugged on to j25 core 1 (active)Cannot communicate also when i replaced the 41 bb i had to ini to enable ports as i have no way to stat or enable sdi ports have since found out the 41 i used as my replacement may be suspect as it was used did not this till today
New card should arrive friday if it dosnt work what do you think about sys load. i think the core card supprt the sdi on J25 plug a
if so i probably should replace at least to talk to switch ????
do you think a bad quad card could shut down j25 communication as i think their on the same bus and havnt tried to talk to j25 with 41 bb removed Thanks for all the posts all help is appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back