Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tera term keys to switch from mmail to pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegnat

MIS
Apr 15, 2002
US
I have a PC hookd up to our 61c through a serial connection. I can get to Meridian Mail but I don't know the key combo to get to the switch. Anyone know what it is or is there another alternative.

Unlike the Option 11, wjere you can do an AX to get to Mermail and a CTRL-] tp get back to the PBX, you cannot do this with the Opt61/Meridian Mail.

There are a couple of options for you. Use a Terminal Server type device where you can put both the PBX and Mail on it, then telnet in to the TS and connect to either port. OR if you have a spare MSDL card, you can setup an application called Single Terminal Access. Basically, you hook up the PBX, Mail and two other devices of your choice to the MSDL. When accessing, your given a menu for device selection. See the System Managment and Applications NTP for info on STA. It works, but can sometimes be a pain. The MSDL will occasionaly lose its head and you have to disable and redownload the card.

I use ION Networks Secure Sentinels alot. The Slimelines
have 4 RS232 Ports, 2 modems and a 10BaseT connection. The device provides multiple security options, user ids, etc..
You can dialup from home, and telnet in when you are at work. Also, when dialed up from home, you can jump between ports without having to hangup and redial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back