Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tera reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupa12345

MIS
Jun 6, 2002
US
is there a ref for teradata anywhere? Please dont just say info.ncr.com or teradata.com because i cant find anything there and some resources are pswd protected.

my immediate questions is how to subtract two dates. i need to get the number of days between max(dt) and min(dt).

this what i use in sql srv - datediff(day,max(dt),min(dt))
thx

is the FULL reference for all NCR products.

Clicking on Data Warehousing you will find the links for all the ware house components, client, database (server), warehouse suite ( Metadata services,and Teradata miner ), and installation.

clicking on Database you will go to

you can obtain any manual for any release you want.

you can click on

SQL reference

to get a list of all SQL reference manuals for every release. or you can click on

and get a list of all the manuals applicable to Teradata Version 4.1.2.

This is very simple - You can directly subtract two dates in Teradata like below ..

sel max(d1), min(d1), max(d1)-min(d1) from dt;

*** Query completed. One row found. 3 columns returned.
*** Total elapsed time was 1 second.

Maximum(d1) Minimum(d1) (Maximum(d1)-Minimum(d1))
----------- ----------- -------------------------
27-06-2002 07-06-2002 20

You can also use extract function to extract different components from date like below(and can do the arithmetic):

sel extract(day from d1) (title 'DAY'),
extract(year from d1) (title 'Year'),
extract(month from d1) (title 'Month')
from dt;

*** Query completed. 3 rows found. 3 columns returned.
*** Total elapsed time was 1 second.

DAY Year Month
----------- ----------- -----------
17 2002 6
27 2002 6
7 2002 6

We receive a CDROM with Teradata TUF documentation that contains a PDF copy of I believe all manuals. You can use search against these documents.

Hi,
You could also order a FREE copy of the Teradata DEMO CD

it comes with a fully searchable version all the teradata Documentation. you don't have tinstall the DEMO to access the documentation.

tdatgod,

is Teradata Demo CD really free with no strings attached.... does it contain documentation for Teradata and its related utilities which i'm trying to get myself one copy.....

best regards

sridharan

Hi,
To my knowledge there are no strings attached.

You have to give NCR your mailing address so they can mail it to you. For what NCR does with that information read the privacy policy on the Order page. NCR is an advocate for Privacy on the Web.

It is a fully functional copy of Teradata for Windows version 4.1. a Fully functional copy of most of the Client Utilities for Windows. a complete set of documentation. Several Sample applications ( CLI, Java, Store procedure ).

The only limitation is the maximum of 1 GIG worth of database space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back