Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tenanting Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtr4580

Technical User
Sep 19, 2001
US
need some assistance on correcting Tenanting Service on a site with 6 3300's, MiCollab & NuPoint. I have multiple tenants setup, with call ringing through SIP Trunks on all nodes. the problem is how do I associate a DID # to a tenant and where do I set the Day,Night 1 or Night 2 destinations?

Seems like you may need some assistance from your local provider.
The DID assignment is as normal.
Same with setting your day night routing.
Then in the tenanting form you assign an extension as your day night "controller"

I think SIP Trunks are always tenant 1. Either way best to move users to 2 and beyond. If using nupoint and affinity groups they also IMHO be in tenant 1 or one by themself, that way you can set up a MOH for them. I usually add a silence file to nupoint ports so that upon transfer the caller doesn't hear the brief perhaps common recording. The sharing of thing between tenants should be easy to set up. The other thing to consider is perhaps zones for each tenant for 911 and caller id default values, if so don't add any MOH there. You can make each tenant a controller of night mode for themselves.

AlphaMann might be talking about adding a night service indicator to the user who has control to make the change. Most scheduling would use business schedule.

all call ring to a 555xx extension that shows in rerouting form to reroute to30290 (Ring Group) for Day Service and 30200 (Call Director)

when phone is placed in Night service, the 555xx number continues to route to to stay in Day mode even though the 3300 shows the tenant in Night

Is the 555xx extension in the same tenant as the one doing the day night change?

You can assign a Night Manager on eac Tenant, make sure you assign this correctly, so that each tenant controls it's own Night Modes.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back